Management magazine search

Loading

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HP Has a QR Fail | The Big Fat Marketing Blog

HP Has a QR Fail | The Big Fat Marketing Blog: "HP Has a QR Fail"

Target has the HP DeskJet 1055 on sale this week, and my mother, who was looking for a new printer, asked if she should get it to replace her existing one. Sure, I told her. It scans and copies and it’s only $30.


So when I was in Target last night, I decided to but it for my mom. Another customer was also eying the printer and asked me if the scanner was a flatbed. I said I wasn’t sure because the product wasn’t on display. So I scanned the QR code on the box… and came up with a bad gateway.


If you’re one of the top tech sellers in the world, you better make sure your QR codes work. I still made the purchase, but the customer who asked about the flatbed scanner walked away (She also told me everything you need to know about QR codes, so I was impressed!).


The one thing HP did right: They included the URL the QR code is supposed to direct the mobile user to. I checked it out after I got home, I wish I loaded the URL right there in the store. I could have let the customer know that yes, the scanner is a flatbed.

No comments: